Strips Of Beef Casserole
|Round steak||1 Pound|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut steak into bite-size strips.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat the shortening and brown the steak.
3) Mix in the onions and stir until lightly brown.
4) Stirring continuously add in the flour, water, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Stir in the mushrooms and sour cream and allow to simmer for 5 minutes longer.
7) Spoon beef mixture into casserole and serve hot with rice.