Nina's Steak and Mushroom Casserole
|Bacon drippings||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Fry the steak in drippings until they turn brown.
3. Take out the steaks when they are done and fry the mushroom slices and onion in the drippings until they turn soft.
4. Take absorbent paper and spread steak, onions and mushrooms over it and pat it dry.
5. Take a bowl and mix buttermilk, soup, seasonings and parsley.
6. Take a 2 ½ -quart greased casserole and alternate it with layers of onion, potatoes, slices and mushroom steaks.
7. Top each layer with little soup mixture and when finished with the ingredients, bake the mixture for about an hour at 350° F.
8. Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2234 Calories from Fat 754
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.3%
Saturated Fat 33 g164.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 376.9 mg125.6%
Sodium 3611 mg150.5%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g70.9%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118.1%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 167 g333.9%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 360.4%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 65.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet