Shredded Cabbage Casserole
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Cabbage||1 1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Boil water with salt, add rice, cover, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
3) In a skillet, melt butter, saute onion and garlic and then stir in mushroom for a few minutes.
4) Stir in ground meat, mix, and saute for 8-10 minutes in moderate heat.
5) Stir in stock and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Take a bowl, spoon the mixture in it, and set aside.
7) In the same skillet, heat butter and stir fry onion, carrot, and celery.
8) Mix in shredded cabbage and pour one cup stock.
9) Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
10) Season to taste.
11) Take a large casserole and make layers with cabbage mixture and meat mixture ensuring to end with cabbage mixture.
12) Pour the remaining stock, cover, and let it bake for 45 minutes.
13) Serve with ketchup or tomato sauce.