Shredded Cabbage Casserole
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Cabbage||1 1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Boil water with salt, add rice, cover, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
3) In a skillet, melt butter, saute onion and garlic and then stir in mushroom for a few minutes.
4) Stir in ground meat, mix, and saute for 8-10 minutes in moderate heat.
5) Stir in stock and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Take a bowl, spoon the mixture in it, and set aside.
7) In the same skillet, heat butter and stir fry onion, carrot, and celery.
8) Mix in shredded cabbage and pour one cup stock.
9) Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
10) Season to taste.
11) Take a large casserole and make layers with cabbage mixture and meat mixture ensuring to end with cabbage mixture.
12) Pour the remaining stock, cover, and let it bake for 45 minutes.
13) Serve with ketchup or tomato sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2818 Calories from Fat 1785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g308%
Saturated Fat 92.2 g460.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 526.1 mg175.4%
Sodium 1534.9 mg64%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g53.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.4 g101.6%
Sugars 42.9 g
Protein 110 g219.8%
Vitamin A 266.1% Vitamin C 459.1%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet