Vegetable Casserole Au Gratin
|Whole wheat macaroni/Soy macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Quart, salted|
|Frozen mixed vegetables/2 cup mixed raw vegetables||1 (1 Package)|
|Melted butter/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), buttered|
1) In a large pan with boiling salted water, add the macaroni and boil for about 8 min, until just tender; pour cold water over and drain well.
2) Thaw the frozen vegetables, or cook the raw vegetables , until tender.
3) In a pan, add the butter or oil, stir in the flour, milk, salt, curry powder and cheese.
4) Add the vegetables and macaroni, blend well and pour into greased 1 1/2 -qt casserole; sprinkle grated cheese and cover with the bread crumbs.
5) Bake in the oven at 350 Deg F for about an hr.
6) Serve immediately.