Chicken Peach Casserole
|Frying chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Canned peach||30 Ounce, sliced (1 Large Can)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Disjoint the chicken and skin it.
3) Reserve the syrup after draining the peaches.
4) In a skillet, heat the oil and butter and brown the chicken pieces properly on all sides. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes and move the chicken to a larger casserole.
5) In the fat left behind in the skillet, sauté the pepper and onion till the onion is transparent.
6) Smoothly mix the cornstarch with soy sauce and vinegar and add 1 cup of reserved peach syrup. Add to the skillet and stir till the mixture starts to boil. Add in the tomatoes and peaches and pour the mixture all over the chicken in the casserole.
7) Cover the casserole and cook for 30-40 minutes. Take the lid off for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
8) Serve hot with wild rice, to which some strips of red pepper and cooked green peas have been added, after adjusting the seasoning.
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 209.2 mg69.7%
Sodium 336.6 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 51 g102.4%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 62.6%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet