Creamy Cabbage Casserole
|Cabbage||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) In salted boiling water add cabbage in small amount and cook covered for 10 minutes.
2) Strain water and keep aside.
3) In a heavy saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat.
4) Stir in flour and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
5) Gently add milk and whipping cream. Stir and cook over medium heat.
6) Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7) Mix cabbage to white sauce and transfer into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole.
8) Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons melted butter on top.
9) Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
10) Serve immediately.