Cheesy Potato Casserole
|Shredded mild cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Take saucepan add pototoes and salt water to it. Cook the potatoes about half an hour or till they turn soft. Chill , peel and grate potatoes and set them aside.
3. Take a small saucepan, add milk, cheese, butter into it and continue to cook till the cheese and butter melt completely. The mixture should be stirred at regular intervals. When done remove from heat.
4. Add salt, sour cream, pepper and onion to this mixture.
5. Add cheese mixture to the potatoes and spread it over 2-quart casserole. Top it with butter, and sprinkle paprika over it.
6. Bake this mixture for about 45 minutes at 350F.
7. Serve as required.
Calories 1044 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173 mg57.7%
Sodium 1482.3 mg61.8%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 175.2%
Calcium 66.2% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet