Chicken Artichoke Casserole
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned artichoke hearts||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , fried|
|Almond slivers||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a saute pan, heat the butter and put the chicken in. Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over the chicken and brown it on both sides. Move it to a casserole with the drained artichokes.
3) To the fat left behind in the pan, add the onion and paprika and saute till the onion is soft. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour. Put the pan back on the flame and cook for nearly a minute.
4) Slowly add in the water in which the bouillon cube has been dissolved, stir till the mixture is boiling. Take the pan off the heat and add the wine and sour cream. Heat once again for a few minutes without bringing to a boil and pour the sauce all over the chicken.
5) Cover the casserole and cook about about 60 minutes.
6) Serve hot after sprinkling silvered almonds and crumbled fried bacon all over the preparation.