Rice And Beans Casserole
|Rice||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 , diced|
|Young green beans||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Kidney beans||8 Ounce (Cooked / Canned)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||2 Pint|
1) Half cook the rice and keep it aside.
2) Take a pan, heat oil and fry garlic, onion, and green pepper until tender.
3) Stir fry carrots, green and kidney beans, parsley, as well as the half cooked rice.
4) Sprinkle saffron, coriander, turmeric into the stock and slowly pour in the rice-mix.
5) Allow it to boil and cook gently, stirring occasionally.
6) Keep the pan covered with a lid for 20 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed by the rice mixture.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 930 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 508.4 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.2%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 162% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet