Hearty Beef Casserole
|Beef chuck||2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon fat||6 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Whole tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (1 Large Can)|
|Carrots||6 , sliced|
|Potatoes||6 Small, quartered|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) From the meat, trim any excess fat and coat it with flour which has been mixed with a bit of salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, heat the fat and brown the meat properly on all sides. Add the onion and cook till it is golden. Move the meat and onion to a casserole.
4) Into the fat that has been left behind in the skillet, stir in the remaining flour. Add bouillon cubes and 2 cups of water and stir till the mixture has thickened and is boiling. Add in the herbs and cook for a few more minutes. Pour mixture all over the meat.
5) Add vegetables to the casserole, cover it and bake in preheated oven for nearly 1 ½ hours.
6) Serve hot.