Creamy Asparagus Casserole
|Fresh asparagus spears||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , sliced|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Set oven at 350 degrees.
2) Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus.
3) Using a knife or a vegetable peeler, discard its scales.
4) Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
5) Cook the pieces covered in some boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until the asparagus becomes crisp and tender.
6) Drain the pieces and set aside.
7) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low flame.
8) Mix in flour and cook for another minute with constant stirring.
9) Pour the milk gradually.
10) Cook over moderate heat with constant stirring until the mixture smoothens and thickens.
11) Mix in salt and pepper.
12) Take an 8-inch square baking dish and grease it lightly.
13) Arrange half of the asparagus in it.
14) Add a topping of sliced eggs.
15) Pour half of the white sauce.
16) Repeat with remaining asparagus and white sauce.
17) Mix the cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
18) Sprinkle this mixture over the sauce.
19) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the mixture starts bubbling.
20) Serve accompanied by bread.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.3 mg95.1%
Sodium 787.8 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet