|Celery||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 .
2. Boil celery in small amount of water till it turns soft, drain the celery and keep it aside.
2. Team celery, water, chestnuts, almonds, water, and mushrooms in a bowl. Mix them well and portion them on a greased 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish.
3. In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt 1/4 and 1 tbsp of butter. Add flour to it and cook for a minute.
4. Continue adding chicken broth and half-and-half and reduce the heat to medium. Stir the mixture continuosly till it turns thick and bubbly.
5. Spread the sauce over celery.
6. Mix cheese and breadcrumbs and spray it over casserole.
7. Pour melted butter over the top and bake the dish for 25 minutes at 350.
8. Serve the dish after garnishing with parsley.