Blue Cheese Celery Casserole
|Coarsely chopped celery||4 Cup (64 tbs) (You'Ll Need About 1 Bunch)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hot)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F 15 minutes before baking.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine celery with broth.
3. Cover the pan and place on a medium low flame.
4. Simmer celery for 1 hour until tender-crisp.
5. Transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor jar and blend into a smooth puree.
6. Turn into a bowl and add mashed potatoes, cheese and seasonings.
7. Use a wooden spoon to beat into a smooth consistency mash.
8. Turn into a 1-quart casserole and top with topping of crumbs and butter.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes until topping is golden brown.
10. Serve the mash hot straight from the casserole dish.