Honeycomb Egg Casserole
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cup)|
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Pound (6 Cups)|
|Hollandaise sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) Use a 2-quart casserole to butter and to line with shredded cheese.
3) In a skillet, add sausage to cook.
4) Discard liquid by reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
5) Place cooked sausage over shredded cheese.
6) In the reserved drippings put the mushrooms and cook until tender.
7) Drain excess liquid.
8) Place the mushrooms over sausage.
9) In a bowl, beat eggs and spread over mushrooms.
10) Place baking dish in a larger baking pan on oven rack.
11) Pour in boiling water into pan around baking dish to a depth of 1 inch.
12) Place inside oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
13) Serve the casserole with Hollandaise Sauce.