|Veal shoulder||2 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut diagonally|
|To be tied together in a piece of cheesecloth:|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Neatly cut the veal into cubes measuring 2-inches each and dredge with flour in which a little salt and pepper have been mixed.
3) In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the meat till it is brown, a few pieces at a time. If needed, add extra oil. Move the browned meat to a casserole.
4) In the remaining oil in the skillet, saute the onions and sprinkle them all over the meat.
5) Put the chicken broth, herbs, wine, garlic and tomatoes in the skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the mixture all over the meat. Cover the casserole and cook for about 90 minutes.
6) Nearly 20 minutes before the cooking is to end, uncover the cassrole, adjust the seasoning and stir in the lemon rind, parsley and lemon juice.
7) Serve hot after removing the bag of herbs.