Harvest Sausage Casserole
|Smoked sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Granny smith apples||2 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned great northern beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Ketchup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Maple flavored syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Slice sausages into 1/2-inch-thick pieces and further cut into half, crosswise
3. Peel, core and slice apples, crosswise in half.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine sausage, apples, onion and beans.
5. In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, syrup, mustard and cinnamon with a fork
6. Pour sauce over sausage mixture and toss well.
7. Turn mixture into a 8 inch baking dish or casserole.
8. Cover with foil or lid.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes
10. Stir and spoon out onto individual plates or use as desired.