Microwave Spring Ham Casserole
|Uncooked spaghetti||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cubed fully cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a microwaveable bowl, boil water.
2. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook in the microwave according to packet directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. In a microwaveable casserole melt butter in the microwave at HIGH for 1 minute.
4. Add celery, onion, green pepper to the hot melted butter.
5. Cover dish with cling wrap.
6. Microwave at HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
7. Uncover dish and stir in flour, bouillon granules, white pepper.
8. Further blend in the cream.
9. Return uncovered dish to the microwave.
10. Reduce microwave power to 7.
11. Cook for 4 1/2 to 6 minutes, stirring once, until the sauce has thickened.
12. Into the sauce, stir ham, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti. Toss lightly to mix.
13. Microwave for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once till the spaghetti is well heated.
14. Dish out into individual deep dish plates.
15. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
16. Serve hot.