|Peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a greased casserole, arrange peas, beans and celery in layers.
3. Sprinkle each layer with chopped onions, pepper and salt before spreading the next layer of vegetables.
4. Pour white sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle top with crumbs and paprika.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until top is browned.
7. Serve vegetable casserole while it’s still hot.
Canned or freshly cooked vegetables can be used.
For parties, use 1 can cream of mushroom soup diluted with ½ cup milk instead of white sauce.
Top with lightly sautéed mushrooms and bake.