Pumpkin And Onion Casserole
|Yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled, sliced thin, and separated into rings|
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin||4 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes, peeled, parboiled, and drained (1 Piece, Ripe)|
|Minced parsley||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a skillet, heat the drippings over a medium high flame.
3. Add onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
4. In a 1 ½ quart casserole or baking dish, layer half the pumpkin.
5. Top with half the onion mixture and season with salt and pepper.
6. Repeat layering with remaining pumpkin and onions.
7. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil
8. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot straight from the casserole.
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.5 mg1.5%
Sodium 125.3 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 269.7% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet