Curried Chicken Casserole
|Stewing fowl||1 Small|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Giblet stock/Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Curry paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Seedless raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter and add apple and onions. Fry till they have softened and add in the flour and curry powder. Cook for about 3 minutes, constantly stirring. 3) Add the ginger, seasoning, turmeric and sugar and mix properly. Add in the water or stock and stir till the mixture is boiling.
4) Add the chicken, which has been cut into pieces, and all the remaining ingredients. Move preparation to a casserole, tightly cover it and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
5) While cooking, keep stirring occasionally to ensure that the sauce does not stick.
6) Serve hot with chutney and boiled rice.