Pineapple Sausage Links Casserole
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned sweet potatoes||18 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Smoked sausages||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a saucepan.
2. To the juice add a little water, brown sugar, corn starch and salt. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
4. Lightly grease a large baking dish with oil
5. Arrange pineapple chunks, sweet potatoes, and sausages in baking dish.
6. To prepare sauce, heat the juice mixture over a low flame while stirring continuously.
7. When sauce has thickened, remove pan from heat
8. Slip in butter or margarine and stir to make a rich thick sauce.
9. Pour sauce over contents in baking dish.
10. Cover the dish with foil
11. Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the potatoes are tender and sausages are cooked.
12. Serve straight out of the oven from the dish.
13. This is a great side dish for barbecues.
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.8 mg15.9%
Sodium 547 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 35.6 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 223.8% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet