Chicken Casserole Supreme
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, quartered|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, quartered|
|Onions||4 Medium, quartered|
|Chicken||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Thaw the peas to separate them.
2) In a paper bag containing flour, shake several pieces of at a time.
3) Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
4) In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat shortening over medium flame and brown the chicken pieces.
5) Drain the meat and pour water over it.
6) Add potatoes, carrots, onions and salt.
7) Add compliment over the chicken and vegetables mixture and cover.
8) Bake the mixture for an hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the vegetables have become tender.
9) Add the peas in the mixture and bake the dish for 15 more minutes.
10) Serve the casserole steaming hot.