|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Green peppers||2 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, sliced|
|Eggplants||2 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and chopped|
|Canned tomato paste||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||2 Large, thinly sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
2) Sauté the onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
3) Stir well on adding green peppers, courgettes (zucchini), aubergines (eggplants) and mushrooms to this and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Take a casserole and transfer the vegetables to it and mix well with the tomatoes, tomato paste and all the herbs.
5) Top with the potato slices in a thick overlapping layer and coat with pieces of butter or margarine.
6) Bake in the oven for about 1 hour till the potatoes are soft below and crunchy and browned on top.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 1351 Calories from Fat 1040
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.3%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 79.4 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.4%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 257.4%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet