Frankfurter And Apple Casserole
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Apples||3 , peeled and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start the oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a deep baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Cut the frankfurters in halves lengthwise. Brown the cut surfaces quickly in a frying pan. Rinse the pan with the boiling water and reserve this liquid.
3. Place the frankfurters in the baking dish. Spread them with mustard. Cover them with the apples. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples. Pour the water from the frying pan over the contents of the dish.
4. Cover dish and bake 25 minutes.
5. Uncover, sprinkle with the cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until the cheese bubbles.