1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan add the bacon and render the fat. Add in the onions and garlic to caramelize halfway through the bacon being cooked.
3. Once cooked, deglaze with white wine and cook until the liquid is gone.
4. In the meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, add the green beans and cook until al dente (slightly crunchy).
5. Once the wine is cooked out, add cream and reduce until thick.
6. Once thick, add thyme and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
7. Once the green beans are done, add them to a casserole dish and add in the cream, bacon, herb mixture and toss to coat.
8. Add the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top.
9. Pop into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.