Easter Special Cheddar Ham Casserole
|Pasta||6 Ounce, uncooked (Preferably Use Medium -Sized Shells)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed To Make 0.5 Pot)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Salt||1 Dash (For The Cheese Sauce)|
|Ham||10 Ounce (Two 5 Ounce Cans - Tender Chunk)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Added After All Other Ingredients)|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
1) Place uncooked pasta into rapidly boiling water in a medium to large pot.
2) Add 1 tablespoon salt. Stir and then let cook for about 8 minutes, until al dente (cooked, but still chewy, not mushy).
3) While cooking your pasta, prepare your cheese sauce. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan.
4) Remove from heat and add the flour. Stir the flour and butter or margarine until blended.
5) Now, add milk and Cheddar cheese. Return this mixture to the stove, add a dash of salt, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and smooth.
6) Your pasta should be done now, and when it is done, drain the water through a colander and return the cooked pasta to its original pan.
7) Combine the cooked cheese sauce with the cooked pasta.
8) Add the tender-chunk ham and green bell pepper. Stir together, and then and an additional 1/2 cup milk (or desired amount for creaminess).
9) Stir completely, and then pour into a fairly large baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
10) Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 for 1/2 hour.
11) Turn oven to broil, and brown the top for about 5 minutes, or to your liking. Happy Easter (and day-after-Easter)!
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg29.7%
Sodium 1277 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet