|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soda cracker||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarse crumbs|
|Wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Trim green leaves from cauliflower; break head into flowerets. Cook, covered, in boiling salted water in a large saucepan 7 minutes, or just until crisply tender; drain. Spoon into a shallow, 6-cup baking dish.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter or margarine in a small saucepan; stir in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in the milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in celery and mustard; pour over cauliflower.
4. Melt remaining butter or margarine in a small skillet; remove from heat. Stir in cracker crumbs and wheat germ; sprinkle around edge of baking dish.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 20 minutes, or till bubbly and crumb topping is toasted.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1425 Calories from Fat 826
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.6%
Saturated Fat 55.6 g278%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.7 mg79.6%
Sodium 2786.8 mg116.1%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.9%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 60.6% Vitamin C 703.4%
Calcium 78.6% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet