Chuck Wagon Beef Casserole
|Cubed cooked beef||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Condensed beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tarragon leaves||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Shake beef cubes with flour, in a plastic bag, to coat evenly.
2. Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet; remove and drain on paper toweling. Pour off all fat, then return 2 tablespoonfuls to pan.
3. Add beef cubes and brown; remove. Stir any remaining flour into drippings in pan, then stir in beef broth, paprika and tarragon. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
4. Combine the beans, chick-peas, corn and celery in a shallow, 8-cup baking dish and top with the beef cubes and bacon; pour sauce over.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3209 Calories from Fat 717
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.7%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 492 mg164%
Sodium 5169.4 mg215.4%
Total Carbohydrates 333 g111%
Dietary Fiber 90.1 g360.3%
Sugars 69.9 g
Protein 289 g577.4%
Vitamin A 71.5% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 55.1% Iron 245.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet