Liver And Bean Casserole
|Lambs liver||12 Ounce, washed (350 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Canned red kidney beans||12 Ounce, drained (475 Gram)|
1. Cut the liver into 1 cm (1/2 inch) strips and toss in the flour.
2. Heat a browning dish to maximum according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil for the last 30 seconds.
3. Add the liver, any excess flour and the onion and mix well.
4. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the stock, milk, puree and herbs and mix well together. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until boiling, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the mushrooms, kidney beans and seasoning and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until the liver is tender. Serve hot with boiled rice or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.