Chicken Strats Casserole
|Day old bread slice||8 , trim crust off|
|Diced cooked chicken/Turkey||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed with 2 eggs|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushroom soup||12 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Butter 2 slices bread, cut into 1/4" cubes and set aside.
2. Cut remaining 6 slices unbuttered bread into 1" cubes and place 1/2 in the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole.
3. Combine chicken, vegetables, mayonnaise and seasonings, and spoon over bread cubes.
4. Sprinkle remaining unbuttered cubes over chicken mixture.
5. Combine milk, eggs, and broth and pour over all.
6. Cover and chill overnight.
7. When ready to cook, spoon soup over top, and sprinkle with buttered cubes.
8. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes.