Party Potato Casserole
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Frozen cooked squash||12 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed, drained (1 Package)|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In 5-quart saucepot over high heat, heat potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling.Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer potatoes 25 to 30 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and cool potatoes slightly. Peel potatoes.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat potatoes, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/4 stick), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until smooth and fluffy; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix squash with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
4. In second small bowl, beat egg slightly; add spinach, grated onion, 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; mix well and set aside.
5. In deep 2-quart casserole or souffle dish, evenly spread one-third of mashed-potato mixture; top with squash mixture in an even layer, then with another one-third of potatoes, then with spinach mixture, then with remaining potatoes.
6. Bake casserole 40 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven; sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top of potatoes and let stand a few minutes until cheese melts.