Pork Casserole With Caraway Cabbage
|Fresh pork shoulder||1 Pound|
|Head white cabbage||1⁄2|
|Pounded caraway||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut away the rind if any and cut the meat in 1 x 1 pieces. Chop the onion.
2. Brown the butter in a heavy frying pan and add the pork. Saute until brown.
3. Cut the white cabbage into strips. Scrape and slice the carrots
4. Layer meat, cabbage, onion, and carrots with seasonings in a casserole.
5. Pour on the beef stock.
6. Simmer slowly, covered, for 30-35 minutes