Hotch Potch Casserole
|Lamb without bone||1 1⁄4 Pound (Shoulder/Brisket/Saddle)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All spice||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White cabbage||10 Ounce|
|Celery root piece||1|
|Parsley||8 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
1. Cut the meat in pieces and put in a casserole.
2. Pour in water and salt. Bring to a boil and skim the top.
3. Add the crushed white peppercorns and the crushed allspice corns. Simmer covered for about 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cut the white cabbage in wedges, the carrots in slices, the celery and leeks in pieces. Add the vegetables and boil for 15 minutes. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly.
5. Spread the potato slices on top of the casserole and sprinkle with a little salt. Simmer covered for another 20 minutes until the potatoes are ready. Do not stir.