Pork Casserole With Beans And Vegetables
|Dried white beans||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
|Pork shank||3 Pound, cut in 1-inch thick slices|
|Small onions||3⁄4 Pound|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. Boil the white beans in plenty of salted water till half cooked.
2. Parboil the onions. Trim carrots and cut in slices.
3. Brown the pork slices in the butter. Season and transfer to a stew pan.
4. Fry onions and carrot slices in the remaining butter and transfer to stew pan.
5. Whisk the frying pan with some water and pour liquid over the pork.
6. Add the boiled white beans, the tomatoes with their liquid, bay leaves, and thyme.
7. Simmer, covered, until pork meat is tender, about 40 minutes.