Eggplant Cheese Casserole
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (Two 8 Ounce Cans)|
|Sliced mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Peel eggplant and cut in 1/2 inch-thick slices. Sprinkle both sides with salt, and set aside 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Dip eggplant slices in flour. Brown eggplant in hot microwave browning dish or in hot salad oil in hot skillet on a conventional range. Drain slices on paper towel.
3. Pour 1 can tomato sauce in a 10-inch glass baking dish. Lay eggplant slices in sauce, and cover with other can of sauce. Place mozzarella cheese over the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Cover with waxed paper or lid. Cook 12 to 14 minutes, rotating dish one-quarter turn halfway through cooking time.
5. Rest, covered, 5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1917 Calories from Fat 1394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g243.2%
Saturated Fat 31.9 g159.7%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 149.2 mg49.7%
Sodium 4474.8 mg186.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g78%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 63 g126.2%
Vitamin A 62.8% Vitamin C 65.8%
Calcium 139% Iron 44.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet