Tangerine Sweet Potato Casserole
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound, cooked and peeled|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Dark rum||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Whip together the sweet potatoes, two tablespoons of the butter, four tablespoons of the sugar, the rum and salt.
3. Peel the tangerines, removing the white membrane. Cut the sections from two of the tangerines into halves, removing the seeds. Fold into the sweet potato mixture. Turn into a greased two-quart casserole.
4. Snip the centers of the remaining tangerine sections with scissors and remove the seeds. Arrange the sections on top of the sweet potatoes.
5. Combine the remaining butter, sugar and the pecans. Sprinkle over the top and bake thirty minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2033 Calories from Fat 595
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.8%
Saturated Fat 31 g155.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 1481.6 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g107.9%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.7%
Sugars 166.4 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 2650.2% Vitamin C 193.5%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet