Salted Cashew & Caramel Blondies
|Caramels||12 Small, unwrapped|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon (1 stick)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salted cashews||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, spray the non-stick cooking spray at the bottom and place a parchment paper circle, same as the size of the bottom. Then spray the parchment paper circle and sides of the slow cooker with some more non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a pot, add the caramels and butter, cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
3) In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir to mix and set aside.
4) Stir the brown sugar into the caramel mixture.
5) Add an egg and vanilla extract. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
6) Then stir in the flour mixture and combine thoroughly with the ingredients in the pot.
7) Add the salted cashews and white chocolate chips. Stir into the pot mixture.
8) Add the cashew-caramel mixture into the prepared slow cooker and spread evenly at the bottom.
9) Place 6 paper towels on top of the slow cooker, then place the lid securely on the paper towels.
10) Cook on low for about 3 hours. Then remove from the base of the slow cooker and allow to rest for another 30 minutes.
11) Slice and serve the Salted Cashew & Caramel Blondies, preferably on the same day.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 182.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 45.1 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet