Tofu with Cashew Nut
|Dark soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Medium dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tofu||8 Ounce, drained, cubed (225 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salted cashews||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sprouted beans||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Young spinach leaves||2 Ounce, shredded (50 Gram)|
1) Take a large mixing bowl and combine five-spice powder, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, ginger, and garlic. Put tofu and toss well and marinate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
2) Drain the mixture in the bowl and put aside the marinade.
3) In a frying pan, heat oil and fry cashews for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Lift the cashews from pan and place aside.
4) Put in the tofu mixture and stir-fry until slightly tanned. Stir in spring onions (cut into strips), spinach, and sprouting beans and stir fry for a minute.
5) Now, add the reserved marinade and heat it gently.
6) Toss freshly cooked pasta with the sauce, and garnish with cashew nuts. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1034 Calories from Fat 668
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.13 mg0.04%
Sodium 2573.9 mg107.2%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g35%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 125% Vitamin C 90.3%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 55.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet