Tendle Bibbe Upkari (Tindora Cashew Fry)
|Ivy gourd||25 , cut into pieces|
|Cashewnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red chillies||6|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak cashew nuts in water for about 1 hour, wash and pressure cook for about 4 whistles. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter add cut red chillies and saute for about 5 seconds.
3. Now add the ivy gourd, cashew nuts (remove water) and salt to taste.
4. Add about 1/2 a cup of water. Cover and bring it to a boil.
5. Now lower the heat and cover and cook till all the water evaporates.
6. Add coconut and cook for another 1 minute.
7. Serve as a side dish with rice or with pooris.