Duck With Mangetouts And Cashews
|Duck breasts||12 Ounce, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces (350 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted cashew nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Spring onions||5 , chopped roughly|
|Celery sticks||3 , sliced diagonally|
|Mangetouts||4 Ounce, topped, tailed and halved (125 Gram)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. Whisk the egg white until frothy, then beat in the cornflour and a little salt and pepper. Add the duck and mix well.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a cup.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok, add the cashew nuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the wok and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil, add the duck and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
5. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, celery and mangetouts to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return the duck and cashews.
6. Pour in the sauce, stirring until thickened. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve as soon as possible.