Wegmans Vanilla-Orange Glazed Carrots
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Pound, peeled, cut on the bias in 1/4-inch slices (Food You Feel Good About Organic Carrots, about 6 cups)|
|Vanilla pod||1 , split in half lengthwise, seeds reserved|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (you can adjust as per taste.)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Premium No-Pulp 100% Juice)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Vegetable Culinary Stock)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Green onion stalks||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), thinly sliced|
|Italian parsley||1 Ounce, chopped finely|
1. Heat oil on high in a braising pan. Add carrots, bay leaf, vanilla pod and seeds, and cayenne. Salt to taste.
2. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes until carrots just begin to soften.
3. Pour in orange juice, vegetable stock, and heavy cream. Cook, stirring, 12-15 minutes, until sauce is reduced to a syrupy consistency and carrots are tender.
4. Season to taste with salt.
5. Turn off heat. Add butter, green onions, and parsley. Stir until butter is melted.
6. Remove vanilla pod and bay leaf before serving.
7. This is a great side dish for Jewish holidays, for Holiday Roasts as well as a great way to get your kids to eat healthy carrots.
Scrape out vanilla seeds by running the back of the knife down the inside of the split bean.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.3 mg25.4%
Sodium 251.7 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 535.1% Vitamin C 63.2%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet