Lemon Glazed Carrots
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Thin lemon slices||4|
1. Wash carrots, pare and cut diagonally into 1 -inch pieces.
2. In medium saucepan place with enough salted boiling water to cover.
3. Simmer covered, 15 minutes or until tender and drain.
4. Melt butter in heavy medium-size skillet.
5. Stir in sugar and add lemon slices and carrot.
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until carrot is glazed.
7. Serve the glazed carrots cooled or use as desired.
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 179.5 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 384.5% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet