Carrot Vegetarian Casserole
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sharp cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Fresh sage/Dried thyme -1/4 tsp||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bread croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Tiny)|
1. Add carrots to a bowl and blanch them for 3 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Take a bowl and add butter, eggs, milk or cream, fresh sage or dried thyme and cheese. Blend together by beating it with hand mixer.
4. Croutons can be browned in butter or it can be browned dry in the oven or it can be used as it is.
5. Blend in carrots and croutons to the cheese mixture and season to taste.
6. Take a baking dish and grease it using butter. Spoon the mixture over it and top it with paprika.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until the top browns.
8. Serve the carrot vegetarian casserole hot with rice or pasta.