Carrot Vegetarian Casserole
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sharp cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Fresh sage/Dried thyme -1/4 tsp||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bread croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Tiny)|
1. Add carrots to a bowl and blanch them for 3 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Take a bowl and add butter, eggs, milk or cream, fresh sage or dried thyme and cheese. Blend together by beating it with hand mixer.
4. Croutons can be browned in butter or it can be browned dry in the oven or it can be used as it is.
5. Blend in carrots and croutons to the cheese mixture and season to taste.
6. Take a baking dish and grease it using butter. Spoon the mixture over it and top it with paprika.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until the top browns.
8. Serve the carrot vegetarian casserole hot with rice or pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2238 Calories from Fat 1522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g279.5%
Saturated Fat 104.1 g520.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 937.1 mg312.4%
Sodium 2274.7 mg94.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 83 g166%
Vitamin A 1413.3% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 197.3% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet