Carrot Raisin Drop Cookies
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pillsbury Best)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, finely shredded (1 Cup)|
|Raisins/Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Spray the cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Take a blender container or food processor bowl and process oats in it until turns into a flour consistency. Set aside.
4) Take a large bowl and mix together margarine, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in it. Blend until light and fluffy.
5) Gently spoon flour in a measuring cup and level off.
6) Gradually stir in flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon.
7) Add raisins and carrots.
8) Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of mixture on the spray-coated sheets.
9) Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown in color. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.
10) Take a small bowl and beat powdered sugar with adequate orange juice to required spreading consistency.
11) Frost cookies with prepared spread and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4084 Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.5%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 2217.5 mg92.4%
Total Carbohydrates 756 g251.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.1%
Sugars 528.1 g
Protein 45 g89.2%
Vitamin A 492% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 133.2% Iron 99.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet