Carrot Raisin Drop Cookies
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pillsbury Best)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, finely shredded (1 Cup)|
|Raisins/Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Spray the cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Take a blender container or food processor bowl and process oats in it until turns into a flour consistency. Set aside.
4) Take a large bowl and mix together margarine, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in it. Blend until light and fluffy.
5) Gently spoon flour in a measuring cup and level off.
6) Gradually stir in flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon.
7) Add raisins and carrots.
8) Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of mixture on the spray-coated sheets.
9) Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown in color. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.
10) Take a small bowl and beat powdered sugar with adequate orange juice to required spreading consistency.
11) Frost cookies with prepared spread and serve immediately.