Carrot and Leek Galettes
|Carrots||2 Pound, trimmed, peeled, coarsely grated, blanched and drained (900 gram)|
|Leeks||2 Pound, thinly sliced, coarsely grated, blanched and drained (900 gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine carrots, leeks, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Add 25 gms butter and when it starts to foam, place half quantity carrot leek mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Press gently using your hands or a flat spoon.
4. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes or till base is crisp and golden brown in colour.
5. Flip and cook on the other side over a medium flame for 5 minutes. (In order to flip, use a plate).
6. Remove on to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
7. Follow same procedure for remaining mixture.
8. Serve warm, garnished with fresh herbs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1670 Calories from Fat 755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.1%
Saturated Fat 35.5 g177.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.4 mg111.1%
Sodium 891.2 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72%
Dietary Fiber 41.8 g167.3%
Sugars 78.8 g
Protein 29 g58.1%
Vitamin A 3379.4% Vitamin C 277%
Calcium 88.1% Iron 128.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet