1. In a medium sized bowl, combine carrots, leeks, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Add 25 gms butter and when it starts to foam, place half quantity carrot leek mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Press gently using your hands or a flat spoon.
4. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes or till base is crisp and golden brown in colour.
5. Flip and cook on the other side over a medium flame for 5 minutes. (In order to flip, use a plate).
6. Remove on to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
7. Follow same procedure for remaining mixture.
8. Serve warm, garnished with fresh herbs.