Billed Carrot Coins
|Carrots||3 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
|Red onion||2 Large, thinly sliced into rings|
|Canned tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh dill/Dill weed - 4 teaspoons, dried||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a saucepan and pour water into it.
2) Put the carrots into the saucepan with water. Boil for 5 minutes to make the carrots tender.
3) Drain the carrots and allow them to cool.
4) Take the bowl and mix carrot, green and red peppers. Divide the vegetables into two 13 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 2 inch baking dishes.
5) Take the soup, sugar, oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix them.
6) Pour half of the marinade over the vegetable in each baking dish.
7) Cover the dish and keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
8) Make sure to drain the excess marinade before serving.
9) Add dill before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2778 Calories from Fat 1015
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.9%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3798 mg158.3%
Total Carbohydrates 430 g143.2%
Dietary Fiber 59.1 g236.3%
Sugars 335.6 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 4720.1% Vitamin C 777.7%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet