Raisin Carrot Cookies
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sieved|
|Non fat dry milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Quick rolled oats||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk and spice powders. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, molasses and shortening. Cream well.
5. Add egg and beat well.
6. Add sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. If dough is a little stiff, you can add milk to adjust texture. Refrigerate.
8. Place spoonfuls on greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 60 no-€™s.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.