|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, scraped and sliced|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Green onions with tops||4 (Sliced)|
|Lean ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked and finely chopped|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
2) Add the carrots and cover the saucepan. Cook over moderate heat for about 8 minutes, or till the carrots are crisp-tender.
3) Take the carrots off the heat, drain and set them aside.
4) With cooking spray, coat a separate medium saucepan and add the margarine.
5) Place the pan over moderate heat till the margarine melts.
6) Add the onions and sautÃ© for about 3 minutes, till tender.
7) Add the ham, reserved carrots, brown sugar and pepper.
8) Cover the pan and cook over moderate heat for about 5 minutes, or till the vegetables have heated thoroughly.
9) Transfer the preparation to a serving plate and serve while still hot. Makes a good main course dish. Can be served as an appetizer as well.