Glazed Carrots And Parsnips
|Carrots||4 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Parsnips||2 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (for finish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt half the butter and sautÃ© carrots and parsnips for 2 minutes, turning frequently.
2) Stir in the ginger, nutmeg and season to taste.
3) Blend in the lemon juice and adequate water to cover the vegetables.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and almost dry.
5) Mix in the sugar and remaining butter, raise the heat and fold the vegetables until they are glossy.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the cooled carrot mixture in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label and freeze the container.
8) Serve hot garnished with parsley.
9) If using the frozen carrot mixture, thaw at room temperature for 2 hour.
10) In a saucepan, place the carrot mixture, reheat gently over stove, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.