|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, freshly chopped (to garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In an ovenproof dish, arrange the carrots.
3) In a bowl, mix together the butter, orange juice and rind, ginger, nutmeg and seasoning.
4) Spread the butter mixture over the carrots.
5) Cover the dish with foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow the carrot mixture to cool completely,
7) Seal, label and freeze.
8) Serve hot garnished with parsley.
9) If using the frozen carrot mixture, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10) Reheat in a preheated moderate oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.